Friday 18 March 2016

Carb Blockers on Keto - Day 2

I woke up this morning with the same metallic taste in my mouth. I was pleased as this was a sign of being in ketosis. However, weighing myself gave a rather disappointing result. Exactly the same weight as yesterday!  KCKO, right?

I was focused on my carb intake yesterday and didn't pay any real attention to my other macros. It's easy to assume that you are doing fine but the reality is that unless you count each and every gram you consume you have no idea where you are at. I think I probably blew my protein goal yesterday, and maybe even exceeded my fat allowance. This could have all contributed to sustaining my weight.

Calculating my macros so far gave me a bit of a shock.  I had 3 eggs and 2 rasher of bacon for my breakfast,  and a BPC when I got to work. I'm looking at 3.5g carbs so far (vs 20g) which is fine,  protein at 35.15g (vs 114g),  but a fat count of 101.51g (vs 191g)! This was quite an eye opener for me!

Lunch
After reviewing my macros I decided that a lower-than-usual fat lunch was in order,  so I opted for 6 Babybel cheeses, and some Pepsi max.

I have a strange feeling of contentment and euphoria mixed with sleepiness and a headache. Having this headache for over 24 hours now I'm thinking it's the dreaded keto flu.

By mid afternoon my head had cleared and I got a burst of energy - dancing to bloodhound gang's bad touch in an office job kind of energy.  This was great. Another sign of being in ketosis.

Dinner
After last night's shambles I thought I would try and play it a bit safer and go for spaghetti bolognese. I'm a massive fan of pasta and it's such a massive part of me to give up for keto. I decided to go for a double tablet sized portion. 80g of brown spaghetti came in a few carbs under what the tablets allegedly block. Minced beef,  100g of chopped plumb tomatoes, and about 30g of grated mozzarella brought me pretty much on the dot with each of my macros. I couldn't have planned it any better!

I've always turned my nose up at brown pasta because,  well,  it's brown. It didn't look tasty. Oh how wrong I was! Tasted amazing,  and probably more food than I needed to be full.  Maybe next time I'll reduce the spaghetti. I'm really eager to get to sleep tonight so I can see the results on the scale tomorrow morning.

Gross stuff after this.
Im slightly reluctant to write this as I know that friends and family will be reading,  but #ForScience, right? The side effects are listed as flatulence and diarrhea. I have not yet experienced this. Quite the opposite in fact. Thought I'd mention so it was mentioned for the sake of mentioning.

Thanks for reading! I appreciate comments and feedback, and If you are a Facebook user and wish to keep updated, then hit the like button below!

No comments:

Post a Comment