Wednesday 16 March 2016

Carb Blockers on Keto - Day 1

I'm currently not in ketosis and moving into ketosis has a short period of hunger, which is why I like to (re) start the keto diet with my evening meal. This is so I eat, sleep, then eat again shortly after waking - I'm not going for long periods awake being hungry while my body changes over to burning fat for fuel. However, today I just wanted to get started at breakfast

Breakfast. I cooked some Gordon Ramsey style scrambled eggs - 3 eggs, butter, Crème Fraîche - and 2 rashers of bacon. All washed down with a bulletproof coffee.

I used 35g of Crème Fraîche in my eggs, 100ml of double cream, and about 10g of coconut oil in my coffee.

The total carbs for the meal comes to roughly 3.5g, all of which are simple carbs. I didn't take a carb blocker as the complex carbs in this meal were near enough non existent.

Lunch
Lunch consisted of a Snackeroni chorizo flavoured stick of pork salami. These have a great fat:protein ratio and 0.25g of carbs per stick. A bulletproof coffee with only 50ml double cream - 1.3g carbs, and some pork luncheon meat - 1.6g of carbs.

Carbs so far: 6.4g most of which were simple carbs.

I have a headache. Mild, but a headache non the less.

By this point I'm realising how quickly my carbs are adding up. I've never paid a significant amount of attention to my total carbs - I've estimated it. Unfortunately my daily estimates have been 5-6g per day total, and I can see that even by this point I've exceeded that. And I normally have milk in my coffee too!

Dinner
Dinner was the perfect opportunity to try the carb blockers. I decided on fried chicken. I calculated that I could manage 40g of wholegrain flour to make a batter and not exceed what one carb blocker tablet could manage.
So assuming that the carb blockers do what they say they do, then that should bring my carbs today to a grand total of about 7.5g

I've never actually made SFC before, so making this was a first for me. it didnt turn out amazing. I was expecting KFC, but I actually got more like Dung fried chicken. I Jest - its wasn't that bad, but i'm going to try something new tomorrow. And maybe not try deep SFC again any time soon :P

I have a taste in my mouth, its hard to describe, but its one that I associate with being in ketosis. I think some people describe it as "metallic", but it's too early to even think about drawing any conclusions.

So far so good - i'll have to see how my body reacts in the next two hours.

Next:Carb Blockers on Keto - Day 2 http://ketocafe.blogspot.com/2016/03/carb-blockers-on-keto-day-2.html

Thanks for reading! I appreciate comments and feedback, and If you are a Facebook user and wish to keep updated, then hit the like button below!

No comments:

Post a Comment